I’m on a soup kick and tonight is one of those rare evenings when I don’t cook...! And my darling surprised me and made this Thai-inspired soup that warmed me right up. #loveislove
1 box vegetable broth (4 cups)
1 box miso broth (4 cups)
4 cups water
1 can full-fat coconut milk
2 stalks of lemongrass, twisted
1-2 tablespoons of Thai chili paste
1 inch ginger, peeled and julienned or grated
One clove garlic, finely chopped
cilantro, small handful (set aside a bit for garnish)
firm tofu, cubed
red bell peeper, julienned
yellow bell pepper, julienned
10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Sliced water chestnuts
Spinach (2 handfuls)
Black rice noodles
1. In a large pot, add the water, broths, coconut milk, chili paste, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and cilantro. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, immediately lower to a simmer.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except for the spinach and cilantro for garnish. Cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the black rice pasta according to the directions on the package.
5. Add to the noodles and spinach to the soup before serving.
4. To serve, divide soup between bowls and garnish with cilantro (optional).