Zucchini with Tahini Dressing, Pepitas + Basil
2 zucchini, sliced
2 yellow squash, sliced
1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
8-10 basil leaves
Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), roasted and spiced
1/2 cup tahini
Juice of 1 lemon or more
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 to 2/3 cup of water (start with 1/4 cup)
Optional: Hot pepper oil or hot sauce
1. In a large sauté pan, heat oil and over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté 15 seconds or until fragrant.
2. Add the squash and sauté until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat oil and over medium-low heat. Add tomatoes and sauté until softened.
5. Tahini Sauce: place all the tahini sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined. To thin to a sauce texture, thin with water, about an 1/8 of a cup at a time. Add hot pepper oil or hot sauce for a little kick
6. To serve: Add a few tablespoons of tahini in each bowl. Add squash and garnish with Pepitas, tomatoes and basil.