1 bag each of raw walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews + pistachios from Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods (or whatever combination of nuts or seeds that you like)
Extra virgin olive oil
Maple syrup (ideally, select grade B as it is darker and richer in minerals and flavor than Grade A maple syrup)
Hot chili powder
Ground Ceylon cinnamon
Himalayan salt crystals
Ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the nuts in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (you may need 2 to 3 depending on how many Nuts you decide to roast)
3. Place baking sheets on the center rack of the oven and set the time for 10 minutes.
4. Check the nuts to make sure they are browning and not burning. Rotate the baking sheets to ensure even roasting.
5. If the nuts are roasted to your liking, remove from oven, otherwise, keep checking every 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Once roasted to your liking, place all the nuts in a large bowl and add a 1/8 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup maple syrup (start with a tablespoon of each at a time if you are making a smaller batch) and toss to coat with a spatula.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon chili, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Toss to coat and check the flavor. You may need more maple syrup, salt, cinnamon etc.
8. Enjoy! ❤️
copyright 2008-2018 Lisa Roberts Hurd