Crowd pleaser, plant-based, flavorful, delicious, easy breezy, and most importantly, a smidge impressive 😉 I love this as a main when I have friends and family over for brunch. Pair it with a salad, roasted delicata squash, roasted baby potatoes, a pot of fresh coffee, and fresh juices, and you will certainly be the host or hostess with the mostest ❤️
1 dozen large organic eggs
1/4 cup water
1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 cups sliced and diced shiitake or baby Bella mushrooms
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 to 2 cups lacinato kale, ribs removed, leaves rolled up into a cigar and chopped
Himalayan salt crystals and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup or more Daiya mozzarella-style shredded cheese or shaved Parmesan cheese
Truffle oil (optional though well worth the investment!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together with 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over low heat. Add the garlic and sauté fir 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat. During the last minute, add the chopped kale and sauté until leaves are wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the vegetable mixture to a baking dish or large deep-dish pie plate. Add the whisked eggs. Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup (or more - it’s really up to you!) of cheese. Mix the ingredients together. Add a little drizzle of truffle oil and gently combine into the egg and vegetable mixture.
5. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 25 minutes, or until done. Optional: broil for 3 minutes for a crispier topping.